The Cocky Funny Technique
At the awesome Social Life Magazine Party I talked to this cocky guy who said he never buys women drinks and always gives them backhanded compliments like "those shoes look really comfortable."
He said the secret to getting laid was to have an air of mystery by keeping them guessing as to who you are and what you do. (He said he worked for UPS.) He said if you’re too nice and they know you want them then they either jerk you around or find another more interesting challenge. So let me ask you this –
Does this kind of cocky/funny psychology work?
He said the secret to getting laid was to have an air of mystery by keeping them guessing as to who you are and what you do. (He said he worked for UPS.) He said if you’re too nice and they know you want them then they either jerk you around or find another more interesting challenge. So let me ask you this –
Does this kind of cocky/funny psychology work?

12 Comments:
Works if you are 20yrs old or bored.
Yes. But I do believe that cocky/funny is a slight misnomer. I believe if done correctly, it comes off as light-hearted/playful/humorous. Being "cocky" isn't as effective and something totally different.
it's true that it helps a lot to be a challenge and mysterious. But you need more than that. If you are a challenge and mysterious, but otherwise cocky, unclean, and never buy drinks, you won't get far either.
It works on girls who have low self esteem or other emotional problems.
I find that FedEx works better
FIRST OF ALL, IT SOUNDS LIKE THAT GUY IS VERY INSECURE AND HAS A LOT OF ISSUES, SO PERHAPS THAT HELPS HIM GET BY.
IN MY LIFE I THINK BEING TRUE TO YOURSELF AND CONFIDENT WILL ATTRACT PEOPLE. I DO AGREE THAT HAVING SOME MYSTERY IS IMPORTANT & THIS GOES FOR BOTH MEN AND WOMEN.
I LIKE TO KNOW WHEN A MAN "IM ATTRACTED TO" IS INTERESTED IN ME. THERFORE "I DON'T THINK THE ASSHOLE METHOD WORKS UNLESS YOU ARE TRYING TO ATTRACT STUPID AND INSECURE WOMEN.
NATURAL CONFIDENCE, AND HONESTY IS A TURN ON.
Best advice I've ever received from a woman: "Treat 'em mean; keep 'em keen."
I like his style - but he must be in a country where it is socially acceptable for a girl to buy drinks.
It works on certain girls who already have insecurities or who come across as super "stuck up." The key to social dynamics in general is the use of subtlety as someone already mentioned. Not every woman will fall for this technique, especially if she read the pick-up artist book by Neil Strauss. There is no technique that is a panacea for a male's inability to get "laid." If your going to resort to using systems to accomplish this goal you may want to study more than one.
Nothing like a man who knows how to treat a woman. I don't think it works to give or ask a bio the minute you meet someone but one should be confident enought to talk about it when appropriate. cocky/funny psychology of any kind does not work with real people in my view but never say never - all types of people out there and anything goes for some
tell the girl you have a bread route
He's not getting laid by quality women, if this is his attitude. It's just money for heaven's sake. No other place that I've lived (from London to Texas to California) are men more obsessed with not buying women drinks. It's an issue of politeness and good breeding. If you can't afford to buy the occasional drink for someone you're interested in. Don't go out or don't hit on women. Or meet them someplace else.
Post a Comment
<< Home